Senior Civil CAD Designer
Senior Civil CAD Designer is responsible for drafting civil design construction documents and revising existing documents. The Senior Civil CAD Designer will ideally have 10+ years of user experience and will provide engineering assistance as directed by the principal, and senior engineers. There is an expectation that the candidate who accepts this position will graduate to the CAD Manager role. The duties and responsibilities listed below are not meant to be exhaustive; other duties may be added as required.
Necessary Traits to Succeed in this Position
- Critical eye for details
- Accurately and precisely follows directions
- A strong desire to learn and grow
- Professional level interpersonal communication skills
- Positive/enthusiastic/friendly attitude
- Critical thinker
CAD Drafting Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and revise civil engineering drawings, draft engineered redlines (hardcopy and electronic markups), revise CAD drawings based on client/jurisdictional feedback, and create details, sections and report exhibits. Use LPD’s and required city AutoCAD standards. Drafting will be done in AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D. Drawings will be created from a combination of hand sketches, survey, architectural, or other drawing Xrefs, and our design base file.
- Correlate, and interpret data obtained from topographical surveys and historical documents.
- Follow directions to set up sheet files and method of presentation for drawings and exhibits.
- Create profiles with C3D, including vertical exaggeration.
- Provide quality control to:
- Identify, then correct mistakes
- Assure plans are presented well
- Assure plans meet LPD standards
- Back-check work prior to returning work to engineer
- Recommend improvements to existing CAD processes, presentation, etc.
- Research and keep abreast of latest design software, and make recommendations to LPD principal for maintaining latest technology.
- Coordinate with engineer/project manager to understand and meet project objectives, project budgets, and timelines.
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with colleagues, clients, subcontractors, agency staff, consultants, and co-workers, in-person, via email and phone.
- Maintain electronic and paper project file organization.
- Work with engineering and senior CAD staff for workload tasks.
- Possible provide graphics support for other areas of the office such as marketing.
- Thorough knowledge of latest AutoCAD software.
- Preferred thorough knowledge of latest AutoCAD Civil 3D software. Grading, corridors, feature lines, surfaces, C3D labels, pipe network, and sheet sets.
- Production of accurate and well-presented design drawings that adhere to LPD, client, and agency requirements.
- Ability to work successfully within a project-based and team-based environment.
- Excellent time management skills, in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively to clients – internal and external.
- Initiative – self-starter.
- Committed to producing high quality plans.
- Motivation and ability to increase understanding and implementation of engineering principles, internal and external standards, and requirements.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject “Job Inquiry: Senior Civil CAD Designer” Thank you!