At LPD Engineering, you will be immersed into a dynamic, collaborative environment that will drive and challenge you to continually shape and elevate the quality of civil engineering design practice. Working on a broad range of project types, solving the most difficult project site design challenges, developing value-focused civil engineering solutions, and engaging clients from various market sectors define LPD Engineering’s professional, technical, and creative culture. We are a small, woman-owned, thriving firm with a solid industry reputation that extends almost two decades and we will provide you with invaluable opportunities to learn, grow, and have fun.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Job Inquiry.” Thank you!
Mid-Senior Civil Engineer / Project Manager
This engineer position is responsible for the design and drafting of civil engineering drawings for all phases of design including concept, schematic, design development and construction documents. The candidate will provide storm drainage analysis using a variety of modeling programs, and provide engineering assistance to licensed professional engineers as required.
- Prepare fee proposals, draft contracts, and negotiate professional agreements with owners, contractors and/or subconsultants
- Provide overall project management services during the programming, design and construction phases of projects as required. Projects will vary in nature and complexity, and may include everything from site grading, hydrology studies, storm drain, water distribution, and sanitary sewer systems, as well as road/right-of-way improvements
- Coordinate with client staff, government agencies, and other professionals to facilitate projects
- Prepare and route project related correspondence, contracts, submittals, pay applications, and other documents as required
- Coordinate on-site inspection services and supervise on-site staff as appropriate
- Conduct periodic site visits to active projects to monitor quality and progress of work
- Manage internal budgets and schedules on assigned projects
- Provide business development support and other duties as required
- Consistently exercise discretion and judgment in all work tasks
This Administrative Assistant works with the entire office and will assist with office administration, project administrations, and some potential marketing duties,
Main Job Responsibilities
- Serve as receptionist: answer telephones, greet clients and visitors, process incoming and outgoing mail, maintain office files (electronic and hard copy), order office supplies, maintain office/project calendar and contact list, help coordinate office lunches, events, training opportunities, conferences, and help keep the office clean and uncluttered.
- Run project/office related errands as necessary.
- Review policies and procedures, make modifications or recommend new procedures as necessary to improve administrative efficiencies.
- Help produce project technical reports and submittals with proofread and editing a variety of written documentation, including technical documents, reviewing checklists and requirements and helping to put together required documents, either electronically and/or in hard copy, for distribution.
- Help set up and track projects in various systems and spreadsheets.
- Assist Business Manager and Accounts Receivable with billing and general accounting related tasks. Includes entering information and running billing and project budget reports in BillQuick, as well as taking checks to the local credit union.
- Work with PMs and EITs on coordination with municipal departments to take projects through permitting and review phases.
- Assist Principal and Business Manager on special projects as directed.