At LPD Engineering, you will be immersed into a dynamic, collaborative environment that will drive and challenge you to continually shape and elevate the quality of civil engineering design practice. Working on a broad range of project types, solving the most difficult project site design challenges, developing value-focused civil engineering solutions, and engaging clients from various market sectors define LPD Engineering’s professional, technical, and creative culture. We are a small, woman-owned, thriving firm with a solid industry reputation that extends almost two decades and we will provide you with invaluable opportunities to learn, grow, and have fun.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Job Inquiry.” Thank you!
Mid-Senior Civil Engineer / Project Manager
This engineer position is responsible for the design and drafting of civil engineering drawings for all phases of design including concept, schematic, design development and construction documents. The candidate will provide storm drainage analysis using a variety of modeling programs, and provide engineering assistance to licensed professional engineers as required.
- Prepare fee proposals, draft contracts, and negotiate professional agreements with owners, contractors and/or subconsultants
- Provide overall project management services during the programming, design and construction phases of projects as required. Projects will vary in nature and complexity, and may include everything from site grading, hydrology studies, storm drain, water distribution, and sanitary sewer systems, as well as road/right-of-way improvements
- Coordinate with client staff, government agencies, and other professionals to facilitate projects
- Prepare and route project related correspondence, contracts, submittals, pay applications, and other documents as required
- Coordinate on-site inspection services and supervise on-site staff as appropriate
- Conduct periodic site visits to active projects to monitor quality and progress of work
- Manage internal budgets and schedules on assigned projects
- Provide business development support and other duties as required
- Consistently exercise discretion and judgment in all work tasks
Design Engineer (EIT)
The EIT is responsible for the design and drafting of civil engineering drawings for all phases of design including concept, schematic, design development and construction documents. The EIT will provide storm drainage analysis using a variety of modeling programs, and provide engineering assistance to licensed professional engineers as required.
- Research and clearly document project specific and jurisdictional requirements using internet, phone, and in-person visits.
- Assist with the preparation of technical studies and reports
- Assist in the design of various civil site design elements including site grading, hydrology studies, storm drain, water distribution, and sanitary sewer systems, as well as road/right-of-way improvements.
- Conduct and provide clear documentation of upstream and downstream storm drainage analyses. Conduct site visits and clearly document findings in writing and with photos.
- Assist with the preparation of project specifications and cost estimates. Coordinate with outside consultants for preparation of earthwork calculations.
- Provide construction observation; coordinate with project manager to answer contract questions, respond to RFIs and change orders, and review submittals.
- Provide CAD drafting as needed including redline revisions, as well as coordinating with CAD staff to complete plan submittals prior to project deadlines.
- Research, understand, monitor and communicate to staff project schedules and submittals.
Civil CAD Designer
Civil CAD Designer is responsible for drafting civil design construction documents and revising existing documents. The Civil CAD Designer will provide engineering assistance as directed by the principal, senior engineers and/or CAD Manager. The duties and responsibilities listed below are not meant to be exhaustive; other duties may be added as required.
- Thorough knowledge of latest AutoCAD Civil 3D software. Grading, corridors, feature lines, surfaces, C3D labels, pipe network, and sheet sets.
- Experience creating, implementing and managing CAD standards.
- IT/CAD troubleshooting and management experience including implementation of new systems, procedures & documentation.
- Management of software subscriptions & upgrades, research understand new products.
- Experience maintaining in-house customization and implementing client required systems.
- Familiarity with local (Seattle, Tacoma, King County) CAD Standards.